Class B CDL Driver / Mover
Movers and CDL Class B Driver – Full Time and Part Time Available Positions
Employees are on payroll and W-2s at the end of the year.
Pay: $20.00 up to$ 27.00 depending on experience.
Long Distance pay is per day and will be discussed at interview.
Must have moving experience.
All applicants must have a clean driving background and be insurable.
Must be able to PASS a background check and drug testing. NO FELONIES!
For interviews, please call for an appointment at (941) 706-4520.
We are seeking an experienced, licensed professional to join our delivery company as a Class B Driver. As part of our delivery crew, you pick up cargo and deliver goods to clients throughout the metropolitan area. Upon client receipt, you update all delivery information in our computerized system using a handheld device. You may also load and unload goods from the truck, assist clients in locating the delivery to the appropriate area, perform routine maintenance on your vehicle, and log any damage or repair needs. Candidates must have a Class B CDL. Apart from that requirement, we prefer candidates with professional driving and delivery experience, excellent customer service skills, and a professional demeanor.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Receive goods, assisting with loading as required
- Transport goods to client locations, observing safe driving best practices
- Unload goods for clients, taking care of fragile or delicate items
- Log all delivery information via a handheld device
- Maintain vehicle and log repair needs and damage
Requirements and Qualifications
- Class B CDL
- Prior driving and delivery experience
- Mechanical ability and experience with large vehicle maintenance
- Excellent customer service and driving skills
- Clean driving background and be insurable
- Background check and drug testing. NO FELONIES!
- Must have moving experience.
- Palermo Moving & Storage, Inc. was originally established in Rockland County, New York in 1997. Our experience and work ethic comes from years of performing moves within the Tri-State area, including New York City.
Having been a licensed New York mover is something our company is very proud of.
New York is one of the most highly regulated states in the moving industry. It is no easy matter to obtain a license there. We also pride ourselves on our long track record of satisfied customers.
In 2005, Joseph Palermo and his wife moved to Sarasota County, Florida to continue his career in the moving industry.
We will continue to run our business in a family-like manner with honesty and commitment to our customers and pride in our work. We are aware of the problems that the public faces with moving companies and this is what distinguishes us and our highly regarded reputation.