TRUCK DRIVER/EQUIPMENT OPERATOR
TRUCK DRIVER/EQUIPMENT OPERATOR
PROPERTY MANAGEMENT/SOLID WASTE
This Position is Full Time with Benefits
VACANCY NUMBER: 24-014
HIRING RANGE: $37,747 - $45,882
OPENING DATE: January 31, 2024
CLOSING DATE: Open Until Filled
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES:
Performs difficult semiskilled work operating a refuse collection truck over an assigned route in the collection of solid waste and recyclables; transporting refuse to disposal site; operates collection site and equipment required in the functionality of County Landfill (e.g.
tractor with bushhog, backhoe, rubber tire loader) as needed; performs related work as required. Work is performed under the regular supervision of the Solid Waste Collections Supervisor.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS
• Thorough knowledge of the operation and servicing of automotive equipment
• Thorough knowledge of traffic laws and regulations governing equipment operation
• Thorough knowledge of safe driving practices and occupational hazards of the work
• Skill in the operation of automotive equipment
• Ability to understand and follow specific oral instructions
• Ability to detect signs of the mechanical failure of the automotive and packing equipment
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with associates
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
• High School Diploma or equivalent from an appropriately accredited institution and one (1) year of experience in the operation of heavy automotive equipment and heavy motorized equipment and possession of a Class B driver’s license valid in the State of North Carolina
LICENSE AND CERTIFICATION REQUIREMENTS
• Must possess and maintain a valid North Carolina driver’s license.
*** This position is safety sensitive and subject to random drug screens.
This is heavy work requiring the exertion of up to 100 pounds of force occasionally, up to 50 pounds of force frequently, and up to 20 pounds of force constantly to move objects; work requires climbing, stooping, kneeling, crouching, reaching, lifting, fingering, grasping, feeling, and repetitive motions; vocal communication is required for conveying detailed or important instructions to others accurately, loudly, or quickly; hearing is required to receive detailed information through oral communications and/or to make fine distinctions in sound; visual acuity is required for visual inspection involving small defects and/or small parts, operation of machines, operation of motor vehicles or equipment, and observing general surroundings and activities; the worker is subject to inside and outside environmental conditions, extreme cold, extreme heat, noise, vibration, hazards, atmospheric conditions, and oils.
• Health Benefits including medical, dental, prescription drug plan, flexible spending accounts
• Life Insurance, Retirement, and Investment Plans including membership in the NC Local Government Employees' Retirement System, NC 401(k)
• Voluntary Insurance Programs such as short-term disability, accident, cancer, etc.
• Holiday, Annual, and Sick Leave for eligible employees
The County of Moore is a drug-free workplace and
Equal Opportunity employer.
In compliance with the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986, Moore County will employ only those individuals who are U.S. citizens or legal aliens authorized to maintain employment in the United States.
All applicants tentatively selected for this position will be required to submit to a pre-employment background check, pre-employment drug test, and post offer physical.
Moore County is an E-Verify Participant
Please submit your application online at https://bit.ly/MooreCountyGov_TruckDriver
Please call the Moore County Human Resources Office at (910) 947-6362.
OR You may also visit us at 302 Monroe Street Carthage, NC 28327