Assistant Safety Trainer
Assistant Safety Trainer
(Open Until Filled)
Pay Range: $29.54/hr - $39.71/hr
- Planning, conducting, organizing, and participating in the agency’s Health and Safety Fairs.
- Maintains ongoing contact with safety peers and stays current with developments within the safety and wellness fields.
- Analyzing complex statistical and database information and forming sound conclusions.
- Preparing grant applications for new and existing training programs
Only on-line applications will be accepted and must include a completed application with job history listed and supplemental questions. Incomplete application packets will not be considered.
Generous benefits package including: Medical, Dental and Vision for employee and dependents, short-term disability and life insurance. Kitsap Transit also participates in the WA State Public Employees’ Retirement Plan (PERS) and a generous general leave accrual and 11 holidays. You will be offered a retention bonus of $1000 if you are employed with Kitsap Transit as of November 30th 2022. Longevity step increases added – 15 years, 2% above current rate; 20 years, 4% above; 25 years, 8% above.
Plan, schedule, coordinate and deliver training programs for Routed and ACCESS Operators as well as other CDL holders and provide support for the safety and training functions of the Human Resources Department. In addition to training, this position will plan, organize, and implement the agency’s wellness program.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS & ENTRY REQUIREMENTS
- Obtain and maintain a Class B WA State CDL & passenger endorsement – air brake restriction removed within 90 days of hire.
- Work Monday through Friday and may require occasional evening or weekend work.
- Must pass a pre-employment physical examination and drug screen.
- Two years’ experience in the delivery of training programs to diverse adult groups.
- Highly organized with a proven ability to administer training programs
- Ability to communicate professionally with employees at all levels
- Experience providing training in a public transportation environment
Working Conditions/Physical Requirements:
Positions in this class typically require: reaching, standing, walking, dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard and other equipment, talking, hearing, seeing, bending, reaching and repetitive motions. Light Work: Exerting up to 40 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 25 pounds of force frequently, and/or negligible amount of force constantly to move objects. If the use of arm and/or leg controls requires exertion of forces greater than that for Sedentary Work and the worker sits most of the time, the job is rated for Light Work. Work requires operation of passenger buses, vans, and other vehicles and exposure to traffic, fumes, and noise.
If you qualify for the Veterans Scoring Criteria under RCW 41.04.005 and 41.04.010, you must answer all questions regarding Veterans Scoring Criteria Status Declaration in the application and upload a copy of the substantiating document as listed in the application.
For question regarding the job announcement and/or application: Marisol Castro email@example.com or (360) 475-0211
Kitsap Transit values the safety of our employees, our visitors, and our community. In support of these
values, if you are selected for this job, you must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and submit proof
that you are fully vaccinated against COVID-19.
“Fully vaccinated” would mean one Johnson & Johnson vaccine, or two Pfizer, or two Moderna
vaccinations. Please note that the definition of “fully vaccinated” may evolve based on CDC Guidance.
The successful candidate will be expected to meet the qualifications for the position and perform the
essential duties with or without reasonable accommodations.
Selection Process - Applicants who meet the minimum requirements may be scheduled for a variety of
tests to demonstrate knowledge, and skills for the position as well as an interview.
You can find Kitsap Transit’s EEO Policy at https://www.kitsaptransit.com/uploads/pdf/eeo-policystatement.
pdf Please contact Marianne Rajan, Human Resources Manager at (360) 478-5852 if you have
Kitsap Transit is committed to providing access and reasonable accommodation in its services,
programs, activities, and employment for individuals with disabilities. To request disability
accommodation in the hiring process, contact firstname.lastname@example.org at least ten days in
advance or 360-479-4348 (TDD).