Transportation DOT/Safety Manager
The Safety Manager will lead and oversee all aspects of fleet safety compliance and fleet regulatory compliance for our trucking fleet. Candidate will have familiarity with the trucking industry. Will have an understanding of Department of Transportation (DOT) regulations and the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Act. Excellent communication skills, training skills, organization skills and hands on style are a must. This is a great opportunity for a motivated self- starter looking for a career with a great Company.
Job responsibilities include but not limited to
• Be responsible for ensuring compliance with all regulations and record keeping concerning driver hours of service, driver fitness, etc.
• Maintains safety files and records
• Ensure that vehicles are maintained according to company standards and local and federal regulations
• Vehicle maintenance and repair scheduling
• Vehicle maintenance record keeping
• Monitor compliance with the Hours of Service (HOS) regulations through audits
• Monitor Driver/Vehicle Examination Reports (Inspection Reports)
• Handle DOT complaints under the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regulations (FMCSR)
• Review all investigation reports on accidents and injuries
• Provide assistance with post-accident and post-injury investigations to ensure proper completion of required documentation and reporting to the proper agencies
• Driver recruiting as necessary
• Assist with all aspects of training and provide ongoing training as new initiatives are implemented
Salary depends on experience. Benefits include - Matching 401k, Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Life Insurance, Paid Vacation.